Japanese Cultural Afternoon 2014
Our biannual Japanese Cultural Afternoon was held at the Glen Eira Town Hall. This year all proceeds went to the children of Fukushima affected by the disaster.
Compered by media personality Yumi Stynes, this year's afternoon attracted nearly 400 people to enjoy:
- official opening by the Consul General of Japan
- monochrome ink brush painting by Seifu Sandaiji
- koto played by Saori Sandaiji
- Yukari Edge Choir
- Tako Drums by Huntingdale Primary School
- Kendo Martial Arts
- Murasaki No Kai Folk Dance, and
- Tea Ceremony, Bonsai, Handcrafts, Calligraphy, Flower Arrangements, Origami, and Kimono Demonstration.